- Amazon Sales Rank: #154538 in Kitchen & Housewares
- Color: White
- Brand: LG
- Model: WT4801CW
- Dimensions: 43.87″ h x 27.00″ w x 28.25″ l, 149.00 pounds
- TrueBalance Anti Vibration System
- SmartRinse Jet Spray System
- NeveRust Stainless Steel Tub & Impeller
- Dimensions (WHD): 27″ X 43 7/8″ X 28 1/4″
35 of 35 people found the following review helpful.
Compared to my old basic Whirlpool the LG rocks!
By John I. Gonzales
This is an initial review of the LG WT4801CW washer. I made our purchased from Home Depot for about the same price. I am an avid Amazon customer but considering delivery, installation and extended warranty I opted to buy locally. I always come to Amazon first to check price and more importantly read reviews…. and I was shocked when I saw the low rating of this washer on Amazon. I read reviews at Sears and Home Depot websites… and those were a complete opposite. For those looking at this washer I would suggest visiting other sites with reviews for a more balanced view of this product.
My initial reaction to watching this washer in action for the first time was…. “Wow, it’s so quiet and smooth”… especially compared to my basic 4 year old Whirlpool. That thing was loud when washing clothes…. the LG is whisper quiet. My older Whirlpool burned out (motor) so that was the reason for buying a new washer.
Some other notables are;
* The glass lid helps better understand whats going on inside… and it is pretty neat too!
* Use liquid detergent… and read how to use it correctly! It goes in a special dispenser… not just thrown into the wash like the old days.
* Anything can break and everything is made overseas…. that is what warranties are for. I paid $99 for 4 additional years warranty coverage from HD for my piece of mind.
* The clothes come out with far less moisture compared to our old washer. That means less drying time and less money for electricity. My wife noticed this on the first load too, she had no idea that was a feature on this machine.
* The washer uses less water than our old machine… it looks like 1/4 of what the old washer would use but it works well. The newer energy efficient designs allow for less water for the same, if not better, cleaning of you clothes.
* Open tub design without the agitator pole! Allows for blankets and quilts to be washed without the famous “wrap and twist” of the old style washers. In my mind, this is a “must have” feature on any new washer purchase.
After one week of of use I have to say that I am impressed… from the sound level of the washer, to the open tub design, to the water and electrical savings… it looks to be a home run for us!
I will be buying the matching dryer (which has a drying sensor that automatically shuts itself off when it senses low humidity inside) to complete our wash room.
By the way… I am a cheapo. I was originally going to buy the same low end type unit that I had. So when I went shopping I saw the open tub designs that are now available… which I started researching. At that point I stopped looking for the cheapest thing I could find and started looking at the HE models… so I was not expecting on paying as much as I did but after all things considered I am glad that I looked into the next level of washers available today.
For now I rate this 5 stars based on initial performance and impression for the money spent. If anything changes I will update this review with details…. but let’s hope that this is a home run all the way!
Good luck all!
***UPDATE 6/5/12*** Washer still running like a dream! We bought the matching electric dryer and that is another home run for us! They both work and look great!
32 of 33 people found the following review helpful.
Very Disapointing Purchase
I bought this machine, and it’s matching dryer, after a great deal of research. I compared and considered many options, finally deciding on this one. Everything was great for the first six weeks I owned them. I truly felt they did a better job cleaning my clothes, etc. Unfortunately, that is where the fairy tale ended.
The washer lasted 6 weeks. It stopped working mid cycle, trapping a load of laundry inside, as well as a tub of dirty water. The control panel was completely dead. I contacted LG and they sent a serviceman to repair the unit.
When the serviceman arrived and confirmed the problem, I was informed the necessary part was on back order. The serviceman did break the lock on the door so I could remove our clothing, however the tub is still filled with stagnant water a week later.
After repeatedly contacting LG, I was informed that the necessary part would not be in stock for 4 additional weeks. This will bring my wait for repair to a total of 6 weeks, from the time I reported the problem to LG. They are unwilling to replace the machine, or offer any other solution, than to continue to wait.
Their product appears sub par, and I would avoid a future purchase from them. They do not stand behind their product, nor do they value their customers.
15 of 15 people found the following review helpful.
Brand New Washer, Not Working!
By L. Coon
Bought this Washer on a Saturday. When I finished setting it up, the washer displayed a Door Lock error code. I set up a repair with their service center, they said they would look for an authorized repair dealer and call me back Monday to schedule a time to fix the problem.
On Tuesday I called the service center again, after not hearing from them on Monday. They said they were still looking for an authorized repair dealer to fix my washing machine. After checking their website there is no authorized repair dealer in my area.
If you are planning on buying this product. Check their website to make sure a authorized repair dealer is in your area!
See all 16 customer reviews…